Survivor Blood vs Water cast and twists announced
Aug 21 2013 12:53 pm CET
Survivor's 27th season will begin next month with 20 castaways competing for a million dollars. Blood vs. Water -- the subtitle for the season - will feature 10 pairs of contestants with some relation, but split between tribes. That's just the first twist.
Here are the many, many, MANY twists that will be a part of Survivor
• Each pair will have a Survivor alum and a relative or significant other.
• The pairs will will get dropped off in separate locations the night before the game begins. The show is calling the twist "Day Zero" and is designed to trick the players into think they are playing as a team.
• On Day 1, all 20 players will meet up and be split into two teams. The Galang tribe will feature the veterans while the Tadhana tribe will have the veterans' other halves.
• Each team will immediately vote out one of their own. This may be an easier choice for the veterans, but the newbies will have very little information to work from.
• The two castaways voted off will be sent to Redemption Island (guh) and will await the first castaway voted off at Tribal Council.
• The three Redemption Island folks will have a duel (or "truel" as the show would like you to say), with the loser leaving the game for good.
• HOWEVER, if a player has a partner on Redemption Island, they have the option to swap out and do the duel instead, sending the other player back into the game. The players can swap back at a future duel. Presumably this could also be used to complicate voting at the camp if someone has a target on her/his back.
Here are the ten pairs competing on Survivor in the fall:
• Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains) and his girlfriend Rachel Foulger
• Aras Baskauskas (Panama winner) and his brother Vytas Baskauskas
• Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All Stars, Heroes vs. Villains) and his wife Laura Boneham
• Candice Cody (Cook Islands, Heroes vs. Villains) and her husband John Cody
• Monica Culpepper (One World) and her husband Brad Culpepper
• Colton Cumbie (One World) and his fiancé Caleb Bankston
• Kat Edorsson (One World) and her boyfriend Hayden Moss (Big Brother 12 winner)
• Laura Morett (Samoa) and her daughter Ciera Eastin
• Gervase Peterson (Borneo) and his niece Marissa Peterson
• Tina Wesson (Outback winner) and her daughter Katie Collins
Survivor: Blood vs. Water will debut with a 90-minute episode on Wednesday, September 18 on CBS.
Mike McComb – TVLatest.com
Want to write about your favorite reality show or talent hunt? Contact us!