Amazing Race 22 cast announced: "Most diverse cast ever"
Jan 23 2013 10:53 pm CET
The Amazing Race is ready to make another trip around the world, announcing the 11 teams who will participate in the reality contest for its 22nd season.
CBS announced the teams via a press release and video Wednesday. Here are the teams:
• Idries and Jamil Abdur-Rahman, fraternal twin OB/GYNs from Chicago
• Max and Katie Bichler, newlyweds from Buffalo, NY
• Mona Egender and Beth Bandimere, roller derby moms from Colorado
• Bates and Anthony Battaglia, professional hockey players from Raleigh, NC
• Chuck and Wynona McCall, a married Taxidermist and Cosmetologist (respectively) from Daphne, Alabama
• David and Connor O'Leary, father and son cancer survivors from Salt Lake City
• Caroline Cutbirth (descendent of Daniel Boone) and Jennifer Kuhle (John Wayne's granddaughter), country singers from Austin and Nashville (respectively)
• Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena, YouTube hosts from Los Angeles
• Pamela Chien and Winnie Sung, best friends from Los Angeles
• Jessica Hoel and John Erck, dating couple from Huntington Beach, California
• Matthew Davis and Daniel Moss, firefighters from Gaffney, SC
In terms of gameplay, the double-or-nothing twist introduced last season will not be back. Instead, the first team to check in on the first leg will win two Express Passes. The team will get to keep one pass – which allows the team to bypass any mandatory task – but will have to give the other one to another team by the end of the fourth leg. This season's itinerary includes Bora Bora, New Zealand, Botswana and Switzerland.
The Amazing Race returns Sunday, February 17 at 8pm on CBS.
Mike McComb – TVLatest.com