Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Second Semi-Final Preview
May 24 2012 09:28 am CET
The 18 remaining Eurovision Song Contest semi-finalists will take to the stage of Baku Crystal Hall in Azerbaijan to compete for one of ten slots in Saturday's Grand Final. Will Sweden continue its reign as the Contest frontrunner, or will a stronger entry emerge?
Here is the running order (plus a handy video presentation!) for Thursday's event:
- Serbia - Zeljko Joksimovic - "Nije Ljubav Stvar"
- FYR Macedonia - Kaliopi - "Crno i Belo"
- Netherlands - Joan Franka - "You and Me"
- Malta - Kurt Calleja - "This is the Night"
- Belarus - Litesound - "We are the Heroes"
- Portugal - Filipa Sousa - "Vida Minha"
- Ukraine - Gaitana - "Be My Guest"
- Bulgaria - Sofi Marinova - "Love Unlimited"
- Slovenia - Eva Boto - "Verjamem"
- Croatia - Nina Badric - "Nebo"
- Sweden - Loreen - "Euphoria"
- Georgia - Anri Jokhadze - "I'm a Joker"
- Turkey - Can Bonomo - "Love Me Back"
- Estonia - Ott Lepland - "Ott Lepland"
- Slovakia - Max Jason Mai - "Don't Close Your Eyes"
- Norway - Tooji - "Stay"
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - Maya Sar - "Korake ti Znam"
- Lithuania - Danny Montell - "Love is Blind"
The show begins at 11:59pm AZST / 9pm CET / 3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific. The show can be viewed through the Official Eurovision Website. We will have a post-game rundown, including the position drawing, later tonight!
With Tuesday's semi-final, I was 10 for 10 in predicting who would advance. I'm a little less confident with my picks this time around – there are more strong entries than slots available. Anyway, here are my picks for advancement in alphabetical order: Croatia, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Netherlands, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine.
Mike McComb – TVLatest.com
Want to write about your favorite reality show or talent hunt? Contact us!